Benefits of Becoming a Partner Hospital
TAKEheart moves Partner Hospitals to action by providing:
- High-impact, expert-led training that provides guidance on each step of the quality improvement journey
- A companion implementation guide for each training module containing additional guidance on how to achieve specific objectives and milestones
- Insights from leading CR experts
- Peer-to-peer knowledge sharing, coaching, and tools
- Individualized coaching and technical support
These resources will be provided to participating hospitals at no charge.
Requirements to Become a Partner Hospital
TAKEheart Partner Hospitals agree to:
- Identify a champion to lead the efforts
- Form a multi-disciplinary team
- Teams are strongly encouraged to include expertise in information technology, care coordination and discharge planning, and quality improvement
- Integrate an automatic CR referral process into the EMR or other automatic system
- Provide a care coordinator for patients referred to CR services
- This individual could be a member of hospital staff (trained liaison) or a volunteer (peer CR graduate or ambassador).
- Share success stories and lessons learned with other AHRQ TAKEheart hospitals
- Complete the learning curriculum
- Share de-identified data on implementation and patient referral rates (as available) and participate in surveys
Join TAKEheart as a Partner Hospital and contribute to the national goal of achieving 70 percent participation in CR among eligible patients, helping Americans live longer and healthier lives.
Partner Hospitals’ Progress to Date
In May 2021, after a year-long pause in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, more than 45 Partner Hospitals resumed monthly group trainings and peer-support and launched their own internal quality improvement activities. These Partner Hospitals range from large health systems to smaller independent hospitals and are located throughout the U.S.
It is not too late for YOU to become a TAKEheart Partner Hospital and contribute to the national goal of achieving 70 percent participation in CR among eligible patients, helping Americans live longer and healthier lives. There are a limited number of remaining slots for our second cohort of 50 additional Partner Hospitals.
To become a TAKEheart Partner Hospital, submit an application