Benefits of the Learning Community
TAKEheart supports Learning Community participants in their efforts to increase patient participation in CR by providing:
- Peer-to-peer knowledge exchange through virtual meetings of “affinity groups” focused on mutually identified barriers or other topics or issues of interest
- A listserv that provides up-to-date information on recent publications, tools, and other CR resources
These resources are provided to participating hospitals at no charge.
Highlights of TAKEheart Learning Community
Over 750 individuals, hospitals, and health systems have taken part in the TAKEheart Learning Community through participation in one or more of the ten “affinity groups” that began meeting virtually in April 2020. Session attendance typically totaled over 100 participants. While initial meetings focused on supporting hospitals as they sought to modify and adapt their CR programs in response to the pandemic operations, in early 2021 the focus shifted to broader strategies for assisting hospitals wishing to increase overall patient participation.
Example affinity group topics include:
- Leveraging Data to Enhance Your Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
- Improving Support for Women that Need Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Innovations that can Improve Your Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Materials from past affinity groups can be found in the TAKEheart Resource Center.